Here at the Point Forward Podcast, we decided to try an exercise where we take every player in the NBA, put them in a big pot and restarted the league by way of draft. The order was randomised 1-30 and Jack, Adam and I became the General Managers of all 30 NBA teams – ten each. The rules were simple:
– Injuries were ‘switched off’
– The league is strictly for one year and one year only – as if we would redraft after the season once again.
– The draft would be in snake order
– Chemistry – especially how the team will play and how the coach fits with the playing group – is paramount in this league with all the talent evenly spread.
– Only NBA players can be selected, but any basketball Coach on Earth is available.
The Eastern Conference and Western Conference have been ranked by all three of us, and an overarching set of rankings combining all votes was developed.